OUR PROTECTIVE MEASURES IN STORE
As we collectively navigate the unprecedented nature of COVID-19, our pharmacist-owners and their teams continue to work on the frontlines to provide essential healthcare services to their communities, while ensuring their stores and staff remain safe and healthy.
We wanted to share a number of important steps our independent pharmacists are taking to promote and protect your health during this time.
To reduce contact in the store during COVID-19, please call ahead for your prescription refills.
INCREASED HYGIENE PRACTICES
We continue to practice increased hygiene measures in our pharmacies. This includes regularly disinfecting the in-store equipment, workstations and cash registers, strict hand washing policies, and offering benefits for staff to stay home if they experience symptoms.
Furthermore, many of our locations have implemented these additional measures:
- Installation of hand sanitization stations at the entrance of the pharmacy.
- Patient triage protocols to better identify their needs, as well as assess if they’re experiencing any symptoms.
- Implementation of protective materials in frequently used areas, for example plexi-glass barrier, stickers on the floor to mark safe distancing while waiting in line, restriction of high-traffic areas.
This is what you can do to help us:
Social Distancing In-Store: Please keep a 2-meters distance from other customers and staff when you visit your pharmacy and follow the infection prevention guidelines established in each store.
Contactless Payment: Where possible, we ask that customers use contactless methods of payment. The transaction threshold for these types of transactions have been temporarily increased, when possible.
Feel Sick, Stay Home: Customers experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath are asked not to enter the pharmacy. Contact your Public Health Authority for assessment and call the pharmacy to arrange ways to have your health and wellness needs met.
FLU VACCINATION INCREASED MEASURES
We are following increased safety measures to protect you when you get vaccinated in our pharmacies against flu or other conditions. While we still apply the usual strict hygiene measures mentioned above, we also adopted or reinforced the following measures:
- Screening of patients for symptoms of COVID-19 or exposure before entering the pharmacy.
- Control of the number of patients entering the pharmacy, especially during busy periods such as flu season
- Obligatory use of face coverings and any other relevant PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) for our patients and staff members
- Increased environmental cleaning
- Flexible vaccination schedule to avoid crowds*
- Online or phone appointment booking*
- Visual displays and audible message on our phone system explaining how we adapted immunization processes to the COVID-19 situation
*in participating stores only
PAPER FLYER DISTRIBUTION STOPPED AS OF APRIL
In order to reduce the circulation of paper in the community, as we continue to support the collective effort in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to temporarily suspend the distribution of our paper promotional flyer until further notice.
We encourage our consumers to visit our online flyer (on our website and mobile application) to know the current offers, as we are committed to honouring our promotions and to continue to provide you with the best possible service during these challenging times.
USE OF HOME DELIVERY AND ELECTRONIC RENEWALS AT YOUR CONVENIENCE
Avoid unnecessary errands, including visits to your pharmacy. We offer alternatives that will allow you to receive your medication and items directly to your home including:
- Delivery services or curb-side pick-up for medication and other items. Call your pharmacy directly for availability and to arrange details.
- Ask your doctor to provide your prescription directly to your pharmacist via fax or by phone.
MODIFYING STORE HOURS
You may see special hours that differ from normal operating hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check with your local pharmacy for details.
MANAGING APPROPRIATE SUPPLY OF PPE AND PERSONAL HYGIENE ESSENTIALS
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and personal hygiene items are in high demand. If you are seeking these types of products, please call your pharmacy to verify product availability before visiting.
Product limits have been established for certain items, in order to ensure they remain available for the largest number of people.
Some items may be out of stock. We are working hard with our suppliers to replenish and refill shelves as new stock becomes available. Some products may not be available at your pharmacy at this time, including: face masks, protective gloves, and hand sanitizer.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
As essential front-line healthcare providers, your pharmacist and their team remain hard at work and dedicated to your health and well-being. Once again, thank you for your understanding and continued support in this collective endeavor.
Your health. Our priority.
Your pharmacist does more than just prepare your prescriptions. They are with you every step of the way: whether you have a minor health issue or a chronic condition.